CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 9, 2008

new beginning :)

so...the honest truth: i haven't really been doing new things since the last time i posted. my life turned into madness. but i'm back now, for good and starting this thing over. i feel like it would be good to start with saturday the 7th of june. this was a very significant day in my life so it would be rather appropriate.

June 7th: i competed in the miss lehi pageant, with hopes of winning the crown. i went home with the community service award and the love and respect of an entire community...a reward far more significant than a crown. i also walked away with many answered prayers and a fresh start and outlook on life. that's all that really needs to be said. so in case you didn't catch that: new thing=winning the $500 dollar community service award in the miss lehi pageant.

June 8th: today i began sewing my first quilt ever. for anyone who knows me, you know i DO NOT do 2 things: dance and sew. after sitting around for hours not sure of what to do with myself...no job, no school, no boyfriend, no pageant, no nothing...my mom came to me and told me she wanted me to make a quilt. and i was so excited to do anything i took her up on the offer. it wasn't till after i was sitting at the machine and attempting to sew once again that i turned to her and said "man..i know life has hit an all time low when i find myself sewing for pleasure!" :) i'll definitely post pictures of its progress. :)

June 9th: today marks one more month of my teenage years left. wow time flies. Today i ate an entire bowl of pasta salad using my left hand. my right hand was itching to jump in and take over but i didn't let it. by the time i was finished there was little bits of broccoli stuck all over my face and i was more of licking the pasta out of the bowl like a dog rather than using my fork. i'm hoping if i put my lefthand to use just a little bit more it will get the right side of my brain up and moving and all those creative juices flowing just a little bit more than they already do. or something like that. i also watched the movie the notebook for the first time today. with the exception of the extra effort it took to fast forward through the completely unnecessary sex scenes, and the ending that went on just a little bit too long, i absolutely loved it. enough that it made the idea of falling in love sound nice again :) and it made me wish i could live in the 40s and 50s. i loved the fashion. and the idea of living off the coast in a big, white, antique house that has been restored with wood floors, vintage furnishings, and a grand piano included in the front room. sigh. someday. i also loved that the heroine i guess you could call her is a redhead. and completely gorgeous. that always completes a love story. :)

1 comments:

Becky said...

You have my respect for sure. You are awesome and i am blessed to have you as my niece. Also, i love the notebook, although i did watch it edited so I didn't have to ff past the yuck stuff. Good luck on the quilt, you will be glad you are learning this awesome talent in the long run. Trust your wise aunt on this one.